Tim on ice
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Rocky Mountain High
This week we had MLK Day off, and decided to take advantage! The weather was cooperating, so we decided to go hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park with Tim, Krista, along with Krista's Sister and her boyfriend. We wanted to try a new place, because it always seems we do the same places. So we hiked on the Lumpy Ridge Trail (I know weird name) to Gem Lake. We chanced to trail without renting snowshoes and lucked out! Would have been even better if there wasn't a lot of icy spots in the trail though! We were very pleasantly surprised by the trail. The trail climbs about 1,000 ft. in elevation, but all along it are beautiful views of the continental divide, as well as very interesting rock formations! The trail ended at a little small mountain lake, which of course was frozen over, it was interesting to walk on (see Tim video below). Check out our best pics, the sepia toned one is really good! We ended the day by going to Oskar Blues to eat and drink beer!
Tim on ice
Tim on ice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I didn't know Tim was an ice skater
Tim has many hidden talents...
Everything looks better in sepia!! Is that Longs Peak? Where is Lumpy Ridge? I wish Emma and I could have gone--we were at home all day because she's a cripple :-(
ps didn't anyone else things it's kinda ironic that you hiked to Gem Lake on the day that Gemma was born?
OOOOOOOOOhhh....Good observation about the names, didn't realize! Lumpy Ridge Trail is on the very east side of the park, lots of dogs too, apparently you can get away with them there! When emma is all better we should all go.
p.s. don't call emma a cripple.
I noticed the "Gem Lake" reference right away. and I don't like the sepia, I prefer color. Perhaps it's because I remember photos before color photography. Yes, I'm that old.
cooooool!!
Post a Comment