Saturday, March 20, 2010

March happenings

March has been a very busy month for us!
The month started off with lost of beautiful days, so we spent a lot of time outside cleaning flower beds and making little projects. Justin used bday money and gift cards to buy a new saw, and he has LOVED making things every weekend. He made two stacking saw horses, a birdhouse for me, and a stand for my new document camera at school. I stained the birdhouse and shelves, but forgot to take pictures of them, so look for those in a future post.

Justin's birthday was great, and I was able to plan a couple of days of celebration. Saturday night we went out and went bowling with our school friends to celebrate all the March birthdays in our group (there are quite a few). Then, Monday we ate out at a new restaurant that was supposed to have the best french fries in Denver. They were pretty awesome! Tuesday I took Justin on one final surprise to the Museum of Nature and Science. We went to the planetarium and Body Worlds exhibit; no pictures of the Body Worlds because we want you to be able to sleep tonight (it was very disturbing). Tuesday we also ate at our favorite vegetarian restaurant, Watercourse.

After that, the week was kind of slow and nothing major happened. It was beautiful weather here most of the week, then Thursday night/Friday we got about 10 inches of snow. We still had school, but getting downtown to the MSU bar was interesting, especially since I went after school to take a friend to the hospital after falling off a chair and spraining her ankle! It was her right ankle, so she couldn't drive, so we helped her pick up her daughter and meet up with her husband. We made it to the bar, though, and watched the game, ran into a couple of old friends, and stayed pretty late into the night. Today we have been recovering from last night :) and we are planning to make some good vegetarian dishes to take to Cripple Joe tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy these pics! Our next big event is Oregon over Spring Break, which we are very excited about!

Oops, sorry these are in backwards order, I guess Justin really is better at blogging that me!


Jen, Missy and me celebrating MSU's victory at the MSU bar.

All of us eating french fries on Justin's actual birthday.

Erica and Carter got Justin this dino piggy bank for his birthday... apparently it was very thirsty.

Part of the celebration after bowling... I was the driver so the others were feeling pretty good!

Russell (Missy's boyfriend) bought them birthday shots after bowling.

Bowling! Justin did really well, I think I broke 100 once...

Birthday brownies in the edge cake pan!

Our faces - done at the Museum of Nature and Science.

The museum had a cool exhibit that measured all these health things- it was very fun! Here are our stride lengths when we walk. Justin was mad at his score so he had to do it over again (of course). At the end, we got a print-out of all of our tests, and Justin's heartbeat showed him having a murmur! It is crazy!

Justin likes to take pictures of dinosaurs.

Working on the new saw horses in our backyard (see the new saw?).

Birthday boy! And Sophie, too.

Missy, Krysta, Justin and I are all doing Lock of Love, and this is the "before" picture. This will be Krysta and my second time donating hair together since we have been in Colorado.
I call us hair farms.

1 comment:

MOM said...

I can tell which face is Mary's and which is Justin's
Nice wood working Justin!
Looks like I missed a great birthday party
now I can't wait to see the "after" picture of hair