Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving/Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving this year was up in Conifer again! We had a great time as usual..eating lots of food, playing scrabble, and enjoying good company. It was also Grey's first Thanksgiving which I just know he will remember for the rest of his life...even though he slept through most of it. Mary made the yummy pies again, and Justin brought his appetite.In addition to Thanksgiving in Conifer on Thursday, we also went over to Erica and Carter's on Friday afternoon for another Thanksgiving with them! Mary and Erica made it a vegan Thanksgiving. Mary made roast beast and Erica also made a bunch of roasted veggies, and about 9 different potatoes (that's not an exaggeration)...it was a great meal, and Grey got a new hat out of the deal! On Saturday night we decided to buy our Christmas tree from the local floral shop. We paid a little extra but it's a really nice Colorado tree. They had a section of trees that were grown on a plantation, and they were perfect in shape, but they were shipped here from Iowa or something...so we wanted to support local, more natural looking trees. Mary made some really good snacks, along with the traditional orange juilius'. It was a great night decorating the tree for Grey's first Christmas! Enjoy the pics from all of our activities...

Mini Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Mini Apple Pie

Up in Conifer

Big boy Grey all dressed up

At Auntie Erica's eating keys...Thanks for the Christmas hat! We just got his 9 month pics taken in it today! Also notice the 2 bottom teeth...mary has had the unfortunate privilege of Grey using them in conjunction with his 2 top teeth as well.

Hanging out

Auntie Erica making dinner

Either the dogs really like Carter, or they really like food

Picking out the tree! Bet you couldn't even find Mary due to the fact that she was wearing a camo sling....I had a hard time finding her to take the picture.

Spread of snacks for decorating the tree

Mary hanging the first ornament

Justin hanging his first ornament

Grey eating the ornaments

The finished product

Bonus pic....while folding clothes today Grey kept wanting to unfold them all, so we put him in the hamper. He did not seem to mind...also he has started waving! It's pretty cool.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Yayy, I knew waving would come before clapping! I win!

MOM said...

I love Grey's wave. He's just too cute! And you're cute too, Justin. Dad and I like your haircut.

Mary and Justin said...

Well thank you...however Grey still looks a heck of a lot like his mom!

admin said...

That is a beautiful tree. I like that you chose to buy local.