Monday, February 20, 2012

Lastest Artwork

Every now and again I get to work on some of my own artwork (in between things for Grey, and when Mary makes me an art machine). I have decided to start a new theme where I associate people I know, or places that have influenced me with objects or textures. The first (of hopefully many) is very obviously MI, and I have created it using tree branches or driftwood. When I was younger I would always collect items from trips that we would make in Michigan, and more often than not those would be twigs, sticks, or pieces of driftwood that washed up on shore. This idea influenced my drawing...hope you like it!

I only took 2 pictures of it...here it is partially done

Finished product. Colored Pencil for the branches, Marker for the water.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's gorgeous, Justin! The girls LOVE it.