Tonight, on this eve of TCAP testing (Colorado's new state assessment), I am constantly stressed about my lack of control I have over my work life. I have taught everything I could have taught, and said everything I could have said. I know my students can do amazing work; I see it every day. However, I worry that Emily, who is advanced in math, will rush and say 2x3 is 5. Or that Marla, whose second language is English, will draw a rectangle with an area of 40 square inches instead of a triangle with an area of 40 square inches (no matter how many times I have guided Emily to go slower, or Marla to read and underline the directions). I will stress and worry about this until scores are released in August.
However, tonight, Grey reminded me that I can't control everything. Instead of eating his food the way we wanted him to (which is another blog post!), Grey decided to make guacamole before eating his avocado pieces. Just when I needed it, Grey helped me realize that I can't control what others say and do, and therefore I shouldn't try so hard to control everything :). Enjoy this pic of guacamole Grey.

1 comment:
get used to it, Mary ;o) Becky
Post a Comment