Here's the story: when Justin and I were registering for wedding gifts eight years ago, we began looking at pfalzgraff patterns. However, I remember Amy and Chris needing to get replacements for plates in their pattern, but it had been discontinued (and Becky's too, I think!). So, wanting these plates to last us forever, I got worried that we would choose the "wrong" pattern and be stuck in a few years. We decided to register for the cheapest white Bed, Bath, and Beyond brand plates, saying that "some day" we will get good plates.
Well, guess what happened... Some of the plates broke, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond discontinued the size of our smallest plates!! Our worst fear came true!! (Ok, this kind of sounds like first world problems, but it was a big deal for us!)
I was looking on and off at different patterns and brands, wanting something timeless but still unique. It was around that time that Erica decided to get Fiestaware. I watched as Erica opened Christmas gifts from Carter's mom that contained unique pieces of all different colors. I was so jealous! So I decided I wanted Fiesatware in my "dream home".
Well, guess what again... We have our dream home! So, I put dad on the hunt to keep an eye out for Fiesta sales (when he reads his 10 papers a day). Kohl's had a sale this weekend (surprise, surprise!), so we took a family trip to Gaylord, where our closest Kohl's store is.
I am so happy with what we chose! Since our quartz counters have specks of blue in them, we decided to keep with blues and greens for our Fiestaware. We got 10 place settings and one larger bowl for serving. So, secret Santa, we "need" lots more serving dishes!
Here are some pics my babies.

Gg was so happy (not)

Be careful!

Some of the colors

We also had to visit Meijer (Alpena is getting one soon, though!)

They are screaming to get out of the boxes. "Open me up, mama!"

Artsy colors (the filter makes the ivory ones look yellow)

My new phone background
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
Very nice, what colors are you collecting!
Yayyyyy for fiesta ware! I love the colors you chose!
Post a Comment