This is my "famous" diaper bag changing mat. I made one for myself for GG out of Vera Bradley placemats and a handkerchief. I made it for him when he was about 3 months old because I was sick of taking my whole diaper bag to the bathroom when I needed to change him while out of the house. I made up the pattern (because I wasn't on Pinterest then and I didn't know that lots others had patterns out there). After then, I made one for a friend in CO, then for baby Quinn, then for Violet. Now, here's my very own changing mat 2.0! I will be working on matching burp cloths and bib and toy travel bag today (I hope GG takes a 3 hour nap... And/or I don't fall asleep before I get the energy to get started).
$10 to anyone who knows where the fabric came from! (All except the dots- I just bought that fabric)
These hanging down pockets will hold diapers and wipes. The dot fabric is oilcloth, so it wipes up easily. It is made this way so the pockets hang down from a changing station like in a store or restaurant (the ones affixed to walls).
It folds up into a clutch! Looks a little skinny because it doesn't have diapers or wipes in it yet.


4 comments:
That's the same fabric you used in your wedding!
Ah I see it now, couldn't tell from the first photo. Is that striped fabric from wedding too?
James has a tiny vest from that same fabric.... :o) Instead of the $10, I'll take a changing pad for me and new baby!!! :o) Becky
Mary, that is super cute!!
Post a Comment