Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bird call!

Hello family and friends,

I am officially starting to worry about getting the nursery set for our baby boy. A colleague at work just had her first granddaughter, and she came one month early!!!!!!!!!!! That would be like our baby being born around Christmas!!!!!!!!! I am not ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this is what we need from you: handmade bird art, or bird pictures, or purchased art with birds. Our nursery will have one wall with lots of hanging frames, and we thought it would be cute to have the bird theme that has been running our lives be a part of the nursery too. Of course, we could get all of these various sizes and types of art on our own, but it would be cool to tell our baby boy which pictures came from which relatives. If you were going to make some art, or enlist your offspring to make art, the nursery colors are rich blue, cream, and dark brown. Ideally, different sizes would be best, like you could do a series of all small ones, or one bigger one, don't feel like you have to stick with 5x7. Oh, and we will frame the pictures, you just send us the art.

Thanks guys! Maybe we should start painting soon... or we can just make mom and dad do it when they come out in a week, haha!

ps- We had our 24 week appointment today (even though I am almost 26 weeks along) and everything is progressing well! We got to hear the baby's heart beat, but no ultrasound this time.

4 comments:

MOM said...

I'm on it

Maureen said...

Question - I love your nursery colors, but which is the actual wall color? I want to pick something that will look well against it.

Cute belly pictures in your next post :-).

Mary and Justin said...

I love how you think ahead Maureen! All the bird pics will be clustered on the blue wall - the other three walls will be the cream color, with the brown as the trim. At least that is our plan, we just took down all the old wall hangings and the wall that is going to be the wall with all the pictures is an exterior wall that is really really hard to nail/drill into (our house is brick on the outside). SOOO hopefully we will still be able to make it work!

Mary and Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.