Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fall Break in MI

We had a very nice and eventful trip to Michigan for fall break this year! We started off our trip by staying in Graytown the first night so we could be ready for our first baby shower in Ottawa Lake the next day. The shower was very nice - it was so good to see everyone, and the decorations and theme were so cute! After the shower, we headed up to Rochester Hills to spend the night with the Kennedys. Megan let us crash in her room, and we even got to sleep in her new sheets! We only spent half of the next day downstate, partaking in 3-year-old Halloween-themed dance class before we made our way up to Alpena. Of course, we couldn't drive by exit 136 and not stop at Bronners! Haha. Once in Alpena, we had a relaxing couple of nights before we prepared for the shower up there. Again, it was great to see everyone up North, and they all embroidered the cutest burp clothes for baby CC. Such a fun night! After another half day, we made our way back down to Rochester Hills to spend a few final days with the Kennedys. We got to see a Halloween costume parade, tour Katie and Megan's school, hang out and play with the girls, and even get a soccer game in. They sure wore us out! All in all, we had such a great trip! Can't wait to see everyone soon!

Katie, Megan, and Jessica by the world's best sugar cookies! Amy made dessert, and she made bird sugar cookies with blue icing and white chocolate melted into little bird shapes. Very cute! She also made some dino cookies for Justin, which I happily ate the whole car ride up to Alpena.


The striped quadruplets! Without knowing it, the girls picked out striped dresses and I brought striped tights to wear. They really liked that we were matching.


Jessica Lynn being a little dancing witch. Cutest thing ever!


Auntie Mary and Uncle Justin and baby girl Jessica (I think she is a big girl now though)


Baby CC's first trip to Bronner's!


Justin likes cheese.


Me with some of the Alpena shower hostesses (Mom Cooper is missing).
See the cute decorations?



Opening presents at the Alpena shower.


By the ocean on our way back downstate.


Megan in the costume parade - she was a 60's girl.


Megan in her classroom.


Katie in her classroom.


Making more of the world's best sugar cookies! We couldn't get enough!


Jessica Lynn is having a baby too!


Katie on the soccer field. It was so great to see her play!

3 comments:

Erica said...

how sweet--I wish I could have been there too! I wish I had a week-long paid fall break every year......!

Amy said...

awesome pics! Glad you had a fun time here in Michigan!

Christine B. said...

You look cold by the "ocean". I'm guessing that was Lake Huron?