Friday, June 15, 2012

Kira's Shower - the start of Chicago Weddingpalooza!

I (Mary) left for Chicago the day after the last day of school to start a summer of Chicago Weddingpalooza! Maria and Kira are getting married 6 days apart, and I am happy to be a part of both weddings! Last Saturday was Kira's shower, and my summer master's class schedule allowed me to attend her shower. Maria and I planned a lot of special shower events to make Kira's Chicago shower great. 
I was able to spend 5 days in Chicago, getting ready for Kira's shower and helping as much as I could for Maria's shower, which is this Saturday. I had a great time, but it was the longest I have ever been away from Grey, so I was also a little sad the whole time. But, it was good to spend some quality time with my college friends! Hope you enjoy these pics!

 Manis to prepare for the shower! 
(Kira, Maria, me, and Kira's mom)


 Matching patterned tops!


 The set-up: Maria putting little toothpick decorations on the homemade chocolate chip cupcakes (yumm)


 We even put Maria's fiancee, Jerry, to work! Good job, Jerry!


 The set-up: wine and cheese themed party! It was very classy.


The set-up: more wine and cheese. I made the patterned table runners underneath, and Maria painted the plywood with chalkboard paint.


 The set-up: crackers and cupcakes. We borrowed the little chalkboard signs from Kira (she bought them for Maria's shower haha).


 The set-up: a finished table. I made the table runners and favors; Maria decorated the wine bottles with ribbon.


 The set-up: the favors I made up close! Four handmade wine charms, with beads in blues and greens. (One is shown on the wine glass. Why is the picture sideways? :/)


 During the shower: Maria's mom, Kira's mom, and Maria.


 During the shower: playing a cute shower game Maria came up with- passing around a little rhyming poem book that broke the ice and helped us learn some things about everyone there.


 During the shower: Kira opening presents.


 After the shower: Tom came and played the same version of one of the games Kira played. We asked Kira questions about Tom before she opened each gift, and if she got it wrong, she had to eat a piece of gum. When we played it in the opposite direction, Tom had a lot of gum to eat (haha)! (Game credits: Aunt Jenny and Aunt Christine at my bridal shower a million years ago. Thanks!)


 Random events: Maria and Jerry in front of their apartment building.


 Random events: brunch with the Martin-Bowmans.


 Random events: cool car in the Denver airport. Any guess what is decorating this bug?


 They are beads!! Millions of tiny beads!!! SO cool to look at!


 Random events: I couldn't find my pic of the invitations, but they looked similar to this. I made matching thank-you notes for each girl's showers. This one is for Kira's wine shower (obviously).


Random events: the shower favors up close.

3 comments:

Steph said...

You are such an awesome planner! I love it!

Erica said...

I agree, I'm not organized or crafty enough to plan all that. Great job! Did you make the wine charms too?

MOM said...

Great job. The party looked perfect. btw, I want wine charms!