Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lip tie update and 8 weeks old

Great news- Hazel can nurse now!!! Saturday afternoon, we had our first ever nursing session without pain on the right side! The left side was always a little better, and she's almost perfect on that side by now. The right side is at about 75% - about every 4th session it is painful for me. But I am beyond happy!!!

At our follow-up last week, the stitch in her lip had not dissolved yet, and the specialist thought that could be why she hasn't re-learned how to nurse. She made the analogy that it's like she has been waking with a rubber band around her legs, and now she has to learn to walk without it. I wasn't so sure, but with the extra time off of work, I felt comfortable taking the time to see the stitch heals before going to another specialist downstate. 

I am so so so happy that it has healed and she has (pretty much) learned how to nurse again. I am not looking forward to returning to work, so I knew I desperately wanted ton keep nursing to keep that bond between us when I am home with her. I am just elated that it will work out :)

Here's some pics of our 8 week old girl

How many CCs can you spot in this picture?


Cutie pie


Here, she was smiling huge smiles, and I would take out my phone to snap a pic, and she would do this face. I have like 20 pics on my phone with this same expression (haha) 



She is definitely reaching for toys now! Here she got Mr. Elephant!



She is so comfortable here...

No comments: