Friday, October 2, 2009

First post from our new house!

hello all! I know you are all wanting pictures, but we can't find our camera cord :(. So we will have to update with pictures soon. If you haven't already, you can check out my sister's blog to hold you over for now.

Well, first about the house. We had a ton of help from Tim, Erica, Carter and Jen moving in on Tuesday night. We took one big load over with the U-Haul and all of our cars, unloaded and ate pizza, and did another load with Erica, Carter and Jen. By that time it was about 10pm, and we didn't have to give the U-Haul back until 7am so J and I did another load by ourselves. We finished and took the U-Haul back, and we were in bed in our new house by 1am. We got up at 6:30am to finish packing and ridding up the old place. I actually slept for the first Jeep load (see below about why I slept) and joined Justin for the last two loads. We didn't finish until 1pm, and we were supposed to be out by noon, but our landlord was very understanding. Besides, our last loads were recycling (because ours at the apt was full) and plants, which were already outside waiting on the grass.

So now we are almost fully moved in, with only some boxes for the pantry, books, and guest blankets and sheets to unload (getting ready for lost of guests!! :) ). We are getting internet and phone services put in on Tuesday (no cable! yeah!!), so for no we have been trying to borrow internet from a neighbor, and it doesn't always work so well. We have

Now for the not-so-fun-part; I have been very very very sick since Sunday. It stared with head/body aches and a sore throat, and quickly moved to rampid coughing, running nose, inability to breath, and loss of voice. I have been voice-less since Wed morning, which as been fun trying to meet new neighbors and keep the dogs under control when they are meeting new dogs. I went to the doctor on Tuesday because I would often be unable to breath because of coughing fits. They wouldn't test for H1N1 because the flu is so widespread in Colorado and the test costs like $300, but my Dr. said that she is 90% sure I have H1N1. So, I have to stay away from school until my fever is gone for at least 24 hours. I have been out all week, and it is killing me to be away! But I am so tired and I can't talk, so I guess I wouldn't be any good as a teacher right now.

Oh, I almost forgot - the dogs love the new house! They get really confused with the yard though - they love it when we are back there with them. They run and play and sniff all over, but when we go inside, they whine and wait by the door until we let them in. And when we are in the house, they don't really know where to lay down when we are up and working. Sam likes to be in the sun, so he is usually laying in the sun room. Sophie likes to be somewhere where she can see both of us, so she is usually laying on the dog bed in the living room so she can see exactly where we are. Right now they are on the couch in the sun room with me because the blanket Mrs. Krafft knit for our wedding is here, and they love it because it has their smells on it (we are selling the green couch to Jen becsuse there is not a very good spot for it in our new house).

Hope to update soon, we will probably finish unpacking this weekend, they we will take lots of good pictures without boxes.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for moving in! Boo for H1N1! And boo for not finding your camera cord!

Congrats, get better soon, and can't wait to see pics!

MOM said...

Thank you for the update on the house. My poor baby, I'm sad you were so sick. I'll take care of you when I come there.
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Mary hope you are feeling better and are back to school. All our love!!! Aunt Christine