Friday, July 29, 2011

Grey's First Solid Food!

We decided it was time to at least start the introduction of some solid foods into Grey's diet...much to Mary's chagrin. Last night we bought a few sweet potatoes, put them through the food grinder thing, and added some BM (breast milk you sicko) to water it down. Mary has been doing a lot of reading up about it. We are going to start pretty slowly, and only a couple ofteaspoons at a time. It went pretty well! Greyson took 4 or 5 good bites with the spoon, then gagged once and cried. We thought that was pretty good for the first time...haha. Mary I think was more excited to use the high chair she just got done re-finishing (thanks Auntie Erica for the good find!). Below is the process, plus a couple of bonus pics.

Mary prepping the new food (sweet popos)

Old food

Grey is intrigued about his new chair...Good job mama!

Chairs are funny

I believe this to be some sort of optical illusion...the tray is not that big!

Testing it out on Mama's finger first..."mmm, not bad!"

"What the hell are you putting in my mouth!

Over all he did pretty well...we are proud of you Greyboy!

Best Buds II

Mary is doing another clothes transition...look at what we found Auntie Erica! It fits and everything..also it matches my skin quite nicely.

High chair before

High chair after!


4 comments:

MOM said...

I think Grey did very well for his first solid food. Where's the mess?
And, Mary, you did a great job on the high chair. It's beautiful!

MOM said...

Hey! I just got the "old food" picture.


word verification: perhogi

Mary and Justin said...

old food...hehe... is your word verification a type of polish food?

Erica said...

he looks TINY in the high chair but HUGE in the bumbo!!!! hahaha

ps remember when you didn't believe me that I made that hat for you? told you so!