Hello again everyone!
I am writing this post from Samara, Costa Rica, where I am at my Spanish school looking at the ocean. It is so beautiful here, the beach is wonderful and I get to walk the beach every morning and night to get to and from the school-my host home. My host family is nice, they have a modest home with two bedrooms for students. They own a soda (small restaurant) which serves typical Costa Rican food.
This past weekend was the greatest! We visited two National Parks, one a hot springs and active volcano, and one a cloud forest. In the cloud forest, I did a 2-hour zip line tour of the forest, as well as a tarzan jump. Very scary!! The guides had to push me off the tarzan jump. I was free falling for about 10 minutes (well that is what it seemed like) and then the rope caught me. I am pretty sure that I want to move there and work at the zip line place. What do you say Justin?
I leave on Saturday for San Jose, and I stay Saturday night with my old host family. Then Sunday mid-morning I leave for Mexico City. Right now, my friend and I have an overnight layover in Mexico City, but we are going to try to fly standby to get out earlier. But, if not, then we will arrive in Denver on Monday around lunch time. It is a long time to travel, but I guess I am really far away! Haha.
I will let everyone know when I am back home safe! Thanks for all your thought and prayers while I have been abroad. Everything has worked out wonderfully so far (knock on wood).
No comments:
Post a Comment