Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More House Updates!

Not a WHOLE lot to share, however with mary being in costa rica, she wanted to see pictures of some of the work I have been doing. The first pic you will see is the 4 PAGE "Honey-Do" list she left for me...obviously she was concerned I would run out of things to do while she was gone. Well needless to say, I have been hard at work on the list....things I have completed include building new shelving units for the front and back patios, trimming hedges for the first time, planting gourds, pumpkins, cucumbers, zucchini, and squash (yes it's late), finally shoveling out the rest of the white rocks from the front yard, and weeding all of the back yard gardens (which I do not like to do). It's been fun, I have been rewarding myself every night with beer, so I can't complain! Enjoy the pics...thanks for checking in.

The honey-do list

I don't know what flower this is, but it is blooming like crazy in our back yard! Makes for good pics.

The flowers are so big, the stalk can't hold them up, so I had to string them up to stakes.

Finished construction of the front patio shelf. I tried out MDF board for the 1st time, still up in the air on how I feel about it...I think I might like regular wood better.

These are the bushes pre-trimmed...getting a little our of control, it was getting hard to sit in the patio chairs!

Trimmed up...big difference!

Can actually sit in the chairs now!

Weeded, and planted new bulbs in this area. Also planted 2 spirea, and a lily in the corner.

Here's where the squash, pumpkins, zucchini, cukes, and gourds are planted. I separated the different areas with white rocks from the front yard, and the mounds where the gourds are planted are marked with a little white rock (on the right)

Back patio shelving unit. I cut a hole in the top of the unit to hold a large bucket that can be filled with ice and adult beverages!

The white rocks are FINALLY gone! We have been wanting to get rid of those since early spring! Took out all the rocks, and planted a new BIG plant. It is called european white balls or something (probably not it's name), but in a little while it will flower with big white flowers, and grow about 8 feet tall!

In addition to adding mulch, i bought a large pot to house our hose. Cut a hole in the bottom so the hose feeds in from the bottom, then all you have to do is take out however much you need at a time from the top

Gardens are progressing. Radishes (bottom left) are really coming along, as well as our purple beans and onions. Can't really see them, but mixed in with the flowers in front are brussel sprouts! I really hope they do well!

Here are green beans (top left), onions, and lettuce and carrots making there way out

Kinda hard to see, but this is the front patio shelving unit. Built a shelf to hold any small gardening tools that we use often. Also the white box is our dairy box, so I built it into the shelves. Hope the dairy guy likes it!

Kitchen update...we have decided until all the Coopers leave after the 4th to start construction. We didn't want to be in the middle of the job while they were here. Wednesday the plumber comes to inspect what he needs for the job, specifically for moving our new washer/dryer into the pantry. Hope all goes well! Thanks again for checking in.

6 comments:

MOM said...

Good job Justin! Keep up the good work! I love the pictures.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! You did such a great job on the shelving units. They look very custom. And I can{t get over the bushes in the back - what a difference. And I really like the weeding and planting, hope the little babies grow!!

MOM said...

btw. they are peonies. they just happen to be my favorite flower of all time. Great Job!

Mary and Justin said...

OH thank you...I always wanted to call them begonias or something...

Amy said...

WOW! That's some honey-do list! Chris was even amazed! (he thought I was the best at list-making)

And awesome work on all the projects, Justin. I love the shelving units and all of your gardens. Good work! Have a beer! (or three)

Erica said...

Good job, Justin! Not a lot of guys would take a list like that and run with it.......Carter would just get mad at me and throw the list away! hahah (he doesn't like being told what to do). Keep up the good work!