Hello all - greetings from Costa Rica! I am sitting in the lobby of the language school I am attending, listening to the pouring down rain. It is very humid here and it rains pretty heavily in the afternoons, but the nights are pleasant and the mornings it is very sunny and kind of hot!
My fights were long but uneventful. We got into San Jose around 1am, and my host mom was there to pick me up without a hitch. Her house is nice, with many rooms to rent to students (she depends on it as a part of her income - as do many moms do). Sunday I met up with some students from my university and we walked around Heredia. Today we have been busy with Spanish classes, liguistics classes, salsa classes, and another walking tour of Heredia.
I have loved everything here so much - especially the food and the people! The people are so nice, always willing to help or just say hello. The food is amazing and fresh - I could eat here for the rest of my life!
Well, time to run to Spanish class - hope to update soon!
Love, M
6 comments:
Thank you for the update Mary! te adore miha. (is that right? I made it up, can you tell?)
te amo hija
Good job with the spanish Paula! Also thanks for the update m! Hope to talk to you on the phone soon!
-j
sounds like fun, Mary, next you have to post pictures!! are you by a beach? or mountains? I want to know about all the plants and animals!
also is it easy to eat vegetarian?
Glad you're having fun! Keep updating!!
thanks for the comments all! I am in the mountains, near San Jose, and on Friday we make our way to the beach. We visit two National Parks on the way to the beach - I am so excited!
Post a Comment